What We Offer:
- Engineering Design: Our team of experts will craft a detailed engineering design for your basement walkout, prioritizing both functionality and safety. Every design is backed by our professional engineers’ stamp of approval.
- Building Permit Drawings: We provide precise architectural drawings tailored for the building permit application. These drawings detail the layout, structural modifications, and other essential aspects of the basement walkout project.
- Expert Guidance: Throughout the process, our team is available to answer any questions, provide recommendations, and ensure you’re informed every step of the way.
A basement walkout is more than just an additional entrance; it’s about enhancing the utility and value of your home. With Kingswood Engineers, you’re partnering with a team that brings expertise, precision, and a commitment to excellence, ensuring your basement walkout project is executed to perfection.
|Zoning Review||A look at the zoning by-laws for the property to confirm that the proposed plan is doable and the walkout fits within municipal setbacks|
|Architectural Drawings||Drawings package as required by the municipality. (Site plan, Plan view of the basement entry, Sections through the proposed basement entry, elevations, details)|
|Engineering Design||New Foundation Design for walkout and Structural Calculations (underpinning if required)|
If you would like us to take care of the permit submission process and correspondence with the building department, please add $425+hst. This fee is optional and is something you can take on yourself.
The first step will be to assess the zoning requirements for the municipality. Additionally, we would contact the city to see if there are any additional restrictions for this lot such as a minor variance requirement to accommodate the walkout. We would discuss the findings with you and quote separately if required. From this, we would be able to determine what the options were for this site.
Our team will arrange a site visit to discuss project specifics and take the required measurements. The average project turnaround time, once the measurements have been completed, is approximately 8-14 business days.
Additional Fees (outside our purview):
- City building permit fees – typically $1.6/sqft
- Minor Variance city fee – (only if zoning variance is required)
- Site Grading Plan – (done by an Ontario land Surveyor, if required)
- Tress protection plan and Arbourist Report (if required by municipality)
- Conservation/Heritage Approvals
- Plumbing/Electrical Permits: Managed by your plumber/electrician