$2,400.00 – $2,900.00
What We Offer:
- Site Visit: A licensed professional engineer will visit your property to assess the feasibility and requirements of the vaulted ceiling project. Mobilization is included.
- Engineering Design: Our team will craft a detailed engineering design specifically for your vaulted ceiling, ensuring safety and longevity. All our designs come with the stamp of approval from our professional engineers.
- Architectural Drawings: We provide architectural drawings essential for the building permit. This includes a ground floor plan and a section view of the vaulted ceiling, ensuring clarity and precision.
- City Correspondence (Optional): If you prefer a hassle-free experience, we can handle the building permit application process and all correspondence with the city on your behalf (excluding city’s building permit fees).
Why Kingswood Engineers?
We’re experts in engineering design. When you need a design done right, we provide the plans that make it safe and compliant. Trust us to keep your home safe and beautiful.
|Site Visit||Site visit and measurements by a Licensed Professional Engineer. Mobilization included.|
|Engineering Design||Structural engineering design including verification of existing foundations, affected structural members, load analysis for proposed opening, engineering drawings for vaulted ceiling and stamped engineering letter.|
|Architectural Drawings||Building permit drawings including existing and proposed floorplans for each level and detailed beam and foundation drawings.|
If you would like us to take care of the permit submission process and correspondence with the building department, please add $425+hst. This fee is optional and is something you can take on yourself.
Our team will arrange a site visit to discuss project specifics and take the required measurements. A critical aspect of doing a vaulted ceiling renovation is identifying how the new point loads from the potential beam will be transferred to the foundations. We use our proprietary software to calculate the necessary beam size and determine the requirement for additional posts or foundations in the basement to safely transfer the new loads.
- Stamped Engineering Letter detailing the structural requirements
- Stamped Structural Drawings c/w beam, nailing pattern, hanger selection
- Foundation Calculations and Details (if required)
Would like to learn more? Learn more Here.
The average project turnaround time, once the measurements have been completed, is approximately 8-14 business days.
Additional Fees (outside our purview):
- City Building Permit Fees: Typically $350-$450.
- HVAC Design: Typically not required for this project type, but subject to the city’s discretion.
- Plumbing/Electrical Permits: Managed by your plumber/electrician.
Why Choose Kingswood Engineers for Your Vaulted Ceiling Project?
Transforming a ceiling into a vaulted design requires precision, expertise, and a deep understanding of structural dynamics. With Kingswood Engineers, you’re choosing a team that brings all this and more, ensuring your project is executed flawlessly.
Small Home, Large Home