Load Bearing Wall Removal
$2,200.00 – $2,600.00
What We Offer:
- Assessment: We’ll check the wall and give you a clear idea of what’s involved in its removal.
- Design: Our team will create detailed plans that ensure the safety of your home after the wall is removed.
- Permit Drawings: We provide drawings that meet local building standards, making the permit process smoother for you.
- Support for Builders: While we don’t do the construction, our designs are clear and easy for any construction team to follow.
- Ongoing Support: Got questions during construction? We’re here to help.
Why Kingswood Engineers?
We’re experts in engineering design. When you need a load-bearing wall removed, we provide the plans that make it safe and compliant. Trust us to get the design right.
|Site Visit||Site visit and measurements by a Licensed Professional Engineer. Mobilization included.|
|Engineering Design||Structural engineering design including verification of existing foundations, affected structural members, load analysis for proposed opening, engineering drawings for beam and stamped engineering letter.|
|Architectural Drawings||Building permit drawings including existing and proposed floorplans for each level and detailed beam and foundation drawings.|
If you would like us to take care of the permit submission process and correspondence with the building department, please add $425+hst. This fee is optional and is something you can take on yourself.
Our team will arrange a site visit to discuss project specifics and take the required measurements. A critical aspect of wall removal is identifying how the new point loads from the beam will be transferred to the foundations. We use our proprietary software to calculate the necessary beam size and determine the requirement for additional posts or foundations in the basement to safely transfer the new loads.
- Stamped Engineering Letter detailing the replacement beam size
- Stamped Structural Drawings c/w beam, nailing pattern, hanger selection
- Stamped Connection Detail between the beam and post
- Foundation Calculations and Details (if required)
Would like to learn more? Learn more Here.
The average project turnaround time, once the measurements have been completed, is approximately 8-14 business days.
Additional Fees (outside our purview):
- City Building Permit Fees: Typically $350-$450.
- HVAC Design: Typically not required for this project type, but subject to the city’s discretion.
- Plumbing/Electrical Permits: Managed by your plumber/electrician.